TERMS OF REFERENCE
Project: ASEAN Tourism Website Revamp 2019
The Association of Southeast Asian Nations, or ASEAN, was established on 8 August 1967 in Bangkok, Thailand, by the founding fathers of the original ASEAN countries; namely Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. The nations of Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Viet Nam have since joined this regional grouping.
At the ASEAN Tourism Forum 2016, ASEAN Tourism Ministers launched the ASEAN Tourism Strategic Plan (or “ATSP”) 2016-2025, which outlines ASEAN Tourism’s vision, direction and strategy throughout the course of 10 years. Within the framework of ATSP, ASEAN National Tourism Organizations (ASEAN NTOs) developed the ASEAN Tourism Marketing Strategy (ATMS) 2017-2020 as a guide for ASEAN NTOs when embarking on marketing activities during the stated period.
In other words, while each Member State will continue to promote their own countries, the 10 ASEAN Member States through the ASEAN Tourism Marketing Partnership Working Group (ATMP-WG) also work to promote Southeast Asia together, as guided by the ASEAN Tourism Marketing Strategy. Collectively, ASEAN Member States aim to promote multi-country travel within this region, positioning Southeast Asia as a single tourism destination.
A full document of ATMS is available at:
2. ATMS Vision and Strategic Objectives
The vision of ASEAN Tourism Marketing Strategy (ATMS) 2017-2020 is to build awareness of Southeast Asia as a unique, sustainable and inclusive tourism destination.
The strategic objectives are as follows:
a) Raise awareness of the unique qualities of Southeast Asia and inspire travel;
b) Develop an integrated, digitally-focused marketing action plan that provides an action framework for the ASEAN NTOs;
c) Develop a strategic implementation process based on collective programs / mechanisms with key industry partnerships; and
d) Promote innovative regional visitor experiences that meet the development needs of the member countries.
In brief, the key focus of the ATMS implementation are to: 1) raise awareness, 2) go digital, and 3) build partnerships.
3. ASEAN Tourism Website
ASEAN Tourism website www.aseantourism.travel has been used as one of the main digital channels to promote ASEAN tourism.
To support the implementation of ATMS, ATMP-WG is seeking a firm with experience in communications/marketing, web design, content management and the development and use of web technologies to assist with the revamp of the ASEAN Tourism website www.aseantourism.travel. As the ASEAN Tourism moves into the implementation of various initiatives, there is a desire to improve the role and capacity of the website. Particularly a need has been identified to enhance the look and feel of the website as well as to ensure that its technical structure and functionality will meet the market trends, the needs of the organization in the future. The selected firm will be required to provide recommendations on navigation, location and organization of information.
The new website design should be modern, un-cluttered, easy to navigate and up-to-date. The scope of work should support and promote ASEAN Tourism brand with improved visual content, mobile-first design and an effective user experience.
The website should aim to create an interface structure, resource and content management plan to sustain the website as it evolves. The redesign and new layout should enhance the site and user experience to meet marketing goals. The site is not solely for marketing and promotion, it should also serve operational and informational purposes.
3.1 Main goals:
a) Inspiring travel to Southeast Asia, particularly multi-country visits;
b) Raising awareness of ASEAN / Southeast Asia tourism;
c) Sharing ASEAN tourism information;
d) Showcasing the diversity and uniqueness of ASEAN tourism experiences; and
e) Disseminating news about ASEAN NTOs’ collective efforts in regional tourism marketing and development.
3.2 Message of the website:
Clean, functional, user-friendly and should serve to showcase as well as market/promote ASEAN tourism with the aim to attract visitors to Southeast Asia and to generate greater awareness of ASEAN tourism.
Current site structure, texts and images are currently available at www.aseantourism.travel
• Mobile phones, tablets and desktops;
• Speed-up loading times;
• Low data usage without limiting content; and
• Ease of updating content.
4. Scope of Work
4.1 Website design and development
• Redesign the layout and structure;
• Redesign the look and feel of the site (to be more fresh and modern, and to inspire the desire to travel);
• Template design for the new website;
• Modification and migration for existing website background;
• Design responsive template (i.e. RWD for smartphones, tablets, desktops etc.);
• Development of the website front-end HTML/CSS templates;
• Development of the Website back-end CMS platform which allows for scalability;
• Development of online reporting mechanism with the ability to draw reports;
• Web content development and migration of content from the current ASEAN tourism website www.aseantourism.travel. Subject lines and travel information should still remain available, but be reformatted in a more attractive presentation. The web content must also include ASEAN travel connectivity, in compliance with Master Plan of ASEAN Connectivity 2025 (https://asean.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Master-Plan-on-ASEAN-Connectivity-20251.pdf);
• Content and image loading;
• Search engine optimisation;
• Usernames and passwords for users;
• Training for CMS users (and manual to be provided);
• Maintenance and support for a period of 1 year;
• Provide mock-ups for approval;
• Provide project milestones, dates and descriptions of work;
• Incorporate links for partners;
• Information collection and storage (drop box account);
• Incorporate slideshow, key-word rich homepage; and
• Hosting of website and email account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
4.2 Service Management
Effective support of in-scope services by maintaining consistent service levels. These may include, but are not limited to:
• Service availability;
• Training on the website system; and
• Responding to service related incidents and/or requests submitted by the users, ATMPWG and ASEAN Secretariat within 24 hours;
5. Time Frame
The selected marketing agency will be contracted for the service of twelve (12) months from April 2019 to March 2020.
6. Schedule of Deliverables
|Submissions of proposals to ATMP-WG||Mar 18th 2019||Proposal to be submitted with company profile, work plan and examples of previous work experiences.|
|Contractor selection||Mar 25th 2019||–|
|Service agreement signed||April 8, 2019||–|
|Website redesign and development||Apr 15th – Jul 31st 2019||Ongoing consultations with ATMP-WG|
|Website hosting, updating, maintenance and support||Aug 1st 2019 – Mar 31st 2020||–|
|Monthly report submitted to ATMP through Marketing Coordinator||Latest by the 10th of each month||Monthly report to include activities undertaken, outcomes including statistical figures, and future plans.|
a) include an implementation timetable for the review and finalisation of the tourism website, indicating specific actions and deliverables;
b) provide an outline of methodology and work plan identifying key steps/activities to achieve project outputs; and
c) provide an outline of reporting schedule on deliverables, timeframe and budget.
7. Qualifications and Requirements
a) At least 5 years of experience in website development/maintenance and marketing with a proven track record;
b) Thorough understanding of ASEAN tourism brand recognition;
c) Possess a deep knowledge in the field of website management and online marketing for tourism products. Work experience in destination marketing would be an advantage;
d) Should be proficient in web content creation, with high English proficiency;
e) Knowledgeable in tourism demand and consumer perspectives on ASEAN or Southeast Asia tourism;
f) Able to communicate and work closely with Marketing Coordinator and ATMP-WG for the duration of the project, and handle inquiries received through the website; and
g) Able to attend 1-2 meetings in Southeast Asia to discuss the website design and development. Travel costs are to be included in the quotation as optional item to be activated when required.
Proof of the above should be illustrated as part of the proposal and quotation submitted.
8. Proposal and Quotation
Interested companies are invited to submit proposals with a quotation in US Dollar at the range of USD 25,000-45,000 nett, inclusive of service fees, travel costs, all expenses required to deliver the work as stated above at the target level, and any applicable government taxes.
The deadline for proposal submission is on March 18th 2019 at 5:00PM (Bangkok Time). Proposals should be sent to Ms. Dee Suvimol, ASEAN Tourism Marketing Coordinator, at email@example.com.