International Border Gates
International airports: 11
Cat Bi (Hai Phong City), Van Don (Quang Ninh), Noi Bai (Ha Noi), Vinh (Nghe An Province), Phu Bai (Thua Thien – Hue Province), Da Nang (Da Nang City), Cam Ranh (Khanh Hoa Province), Lien Khuong (Lam Dong Province), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), Can Tho (Can Tho City), Phu Quoc (Kien Giang Province).
Sea ports: 11
Hai Phong (Hai Phong City), Hon Gai and Tuan Chau (Quang Ninh Province), Cua Lo (Nghe An Province), Chan May (Thua Thien – Hue Province), Da Nang (Da Nang City), Quy Nhon (Binh Dinh Province), Nha Trang (Khanh Hoa Province), Ho Chi Minh City (Ho Chi Minh City), Vung Tau (Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province), Duong Dong (Kien Giang Province).
Land ports: 22
Mong Cai (Quang Ninh Province), Huu Nghi (Lang Son Province), Ta Lung (Cao Bang Province), Thanh Thuy (Ha Giang Province), Lao Cai (Lao Cai Province), Tay Trang (Dien Bien Province), Chieng Khuong (Son La Province), Na Meo (Thanh Hoa Province), Nam Can (Nghe An Province), Cau Treo (Ha Tinh Province), Cha Lo (Quang Binh Province), La Lay and Lao Bao (Quang Tri Province), Bo Y (Kon Tum Province), Hoa Lu (Binh Phuoc Province), Moc Bai and Xa Mat (Tay Ninh Province), Binh Hiep (Long An Province), Dinh Ba (Dong Thap Province), Tinh Bien and Vinh Xuong (An Giang Province), Ha Tien (Kien Giang Province).
Luggage of people on entry and exit (including clothes, personal belongings with reasonable quantity in service of the trip’s purpose) must be declared in case as follow:
- Luggage exceeding duty free concessions;
- Luggage sent before or after the traveller;
- Imports and exports under regulation of the State;
- Professional equipment temporarily imported and re-exported or vice versa;
- Addictive medication;
- Jewelry gold, fine-art gold exceeding 300g;
- Drafts, cheque or precious metals, precious stones with a value of more than VND 300 million;
- Foreign currency exceeding USD 5,000 (five thousand) or its equivalent in other foreign currency, or more than VND 15,000,000 (fifteen million) in cash.
Goods prohibited for import: weapons, ammunition, explosives, military equipment, drugs, toxic chemicals, immoral and reactionary products, firecrackers of all kinds, toys with a negative impact on education, and social security, cigarettes beyond the quantity stipulated, some consumer goods, materials and vehicles have used, ingot gold, raw material gold…
Duty free concessions for arriving passengers:
- Liquor: 1.5 litres of liquor above 20° alcohol; 2.0 litres of liquor below 20°; 3 litres of alcoholic beverages;
- Cigarettes: 200 pieces; Cigars: 20 pieces; Tobacco: 200g;
- A reasonable quantity of clothes and personal belongings related to the purpose of the trip;
- Articles other than those mentioned above (excluding the list of goods banned for import or subject to conditional import) with total a value not exceeding VND 10,000,000 (ten million).
Note: Foreigners carrying luggage, in excess of duty-free quotas to be given as presents and gifts with a total value not exceeding VND 1,000,000 (one million) will be exempt from taxes. (Please visit website: customs.gov.vn (English) for updated information).