Exchange Rates & Daily Costs
Exchange rates and daily costs vary across the region. To find out more on the exchange rates of any given country in Southeast Asia, visit the country pages.
Taxes and Tips
- Keep your cash in a money belt.
- If withdrawing cash from an ATM, you may use your home account.
- Always carry cash or travelers checks in case of emergencies.
- Do not use ATM cards for point-of-sale purchases unless confident of the honesty of the establishment.
- Overseas banking fees for ATM withdrawals may apply.
- Keep a 24-hour international customer-service phone number for your bank account in case.
- In case of card theft or loss, hold onto a 24-hour international customer-service phone number for your bank account or credit-card carrier.
- Monitor credit-card charges.